SALES & MARKETING ASSISTANT
Sales and Marketing Assistant
Brett Gilmour Photography is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and committed individual to join our commercial photography studio. The successful candidate must have previously earned a minimum of $40k in a sales and marketing role, sold to business owners and executives in the medium to large business space and have 1-2 years of professional office experience. Familiarity with commercial photography, graphic arts, marketing and sales are highly desirable.
This is a commission role, with development targets split 50/50 between new customer acquisition and increased share of existing customer spend. There is an existing book of business to be aggressively developed.
Marketing Assistant Role
The Marketing Assistant’s purpose is to promote, assist, support and develop the business of Gilmour Photography as well as carry out the marketing plan to a level beyond the Calgary, Alberta market.
This position requires an individual who is highly creative, with initiative, strong oral and written communication skills, who is an independent thinker and innovator and who can easily follow guidelines and work in a team environment. Personality, professionalism and pleasant manners will earn you a daily espresso.
Marketing Assistant will benefit by :
· Developing relationships in the communities of advertising, marketing, investor relations
· honing marketing knowledge and skills through the involvement of various promotional, advertising and marketing projects
· Enhance communication, interpersonal, transferable and organizational skills
· Improving public speaking by participating in various groups and events
· Develop project management skills
Responsibilities and duties include :
· Initiate a variety of projects designed to promote the services and resources of Gilmour Photography by researching and developing new markets
· Oversee and facilitate a photography portfolio showing program including making portfolio showing appointments and a portfolio-drop program
· Maintain Gilmour Photography advertisements, newsletter, social media and blogs
· Submit News Release letters on Gilmour Photography events and services to newspapers, media, agencies etc.
· Determine new market channels
· Contact follow-ups on sales prospects
· Provide bi-weekly status reports and/or memos to Brett Gilmour
· Perform general clerical duties using MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, WordPress, and customer management software
· Setup, coordinate and schedule marketing meetings, media meetings, appointments and portfolio bookings
· Assist in financial responsibilities: billing, invoicing, expenses
· Support photographer in assigned projects and assist in photo shoots if required
· Maintain and organize electronic files
· Create SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) of photography markets
The Marketing Assistant position requires a commitment of 5-8 hours per week with opportunity for growth once s/he gains understanding of the role and business.
Wanna join the team? Email us using the email listed on the blog, if you find it you passed the first test.